Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Best Fair Food

Now that the State Fair is over and I'm healing to the point where I can get back to blogging about totally useless things, I want to put in my vote for the best food I had at the Fair this year.

And the 2005 winner is: The falafel sandwich at the Turkish booth in the Ethnic Village.

Now, you may not think of a falafel as "fair food" but who can deny the Gyro is anymore. And a falafel is in the same family.

I'm hoping that booth is up and running during the Ethnic Festival in a couple of weeks.

My choice for second best fair food is an old reliable: a Vose's corn dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The falafel sandwich is one of the WORST fair foods. Yuck.

However, when it comes to your number two nominee, I do believe you meant Vose's corn dog? I heartily agree there - they are out of this world good. I'll never eat another corn dog again (at the fair that is), unless it's Vose's. It has even uprooted my previous favorite, the Sirloin Hut's 5 Course Steak Dinner! I keep asking myself, after all these years of going to the state fair, why didn't I know about Vose's before? Such a waste of so many years...

Mrs TEH

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear Mr. TEH. I had a falafel this year for the first time at the fair (clarification: I have had falafel before). It was extremely satisfying.

However, I contest that Vose's corn dogs are good. I find them to be too far overdone. Maybe I have only ever had several bad ones but I do not find them to be all that special. I am, of course, in the minority on this issue.