Monday, August 15, 2005

Odenkirk Supports the Troops

It's with great pleasure I FINALLY get to link to the political musings of Bob Odenkirk.

Bob and I worked together in college (SIU Carbondale) at one of the campus radio stations (WIDB). He was way beyond funny then and has only gotten better over the years. I truly was one of his first fans even if he was just one of us at the time. I'll have to do a longer post on Bob's antics back in the day.

I'll leave you with this though: I learned how NOT to laugh on the air as a newsman because of Bob. You see, he and his band of merry funsters had weekly radio comedy show on Thursday nights (I think) at like 10:00 PM. I did the news at 9:55. These guys were in the studio, totally pumped to get started with their wackiness while I read the boring news. Well, as you can imagine, they were merciless to the dumb, serious (on the air) newsguy. But I soon built a fortitude that allowed me to get through a newscast without laughing despite their best attempts. Well, some of the time. After that, I only cracked up once in my professional radio career. Maybe that story later.

No comments: