Thursday, April 21, 2005

Another Wand Goes Missing

This is getting serious. We learned a few days ago that the Director of Guest Relations at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum is missing her magic wand. Now, it seems the problem has spread to Washington.

Yesterday, President Bush told an audience that he too is now wandless:

"I wish I could simply wave a magic wand and lower gas prices tomorrow," Bush
told the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
I don't want to alarm anybody but didn't the president make this announcement just ONE DAY after appearing at the ALPLM, the site of the other missing wand.

Perhaps there is some cabal of wand stealers out there but I think not. Rather, I attribute this sudden wandlessness at all levels of government to a culture that no longer values wands. Oh, to return to the days where wands were treated with respect and not carelessly (or purposely!) misplaced by caretakers calloused by a culture of wand neglect.

No comments: