Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Magic Wand

Ha, ha.

Mrs. Eleventh Hour sent an email to the ALPLM after we got stiffed on our dedication tickets. We wound up with standing room only tickets when there were still seating tickets available and given out later. Meaning, the first-come, first- serve policy was, well, bullshit.

Here's the response she got:
"Ms. [Eleventh Hour]: as much as I would like to wave a magic wand- I can't. I
don't understand the ticketing process as I had nothing to do with it. I will
check around tho and if the magic wand does appear, I shall contact
you. [Director of Guest Relations]"
Well, who DOES have the magic wand, Ms. [Relations]? Who, indeed. I bet Governor Blagojevich MOVED IT TO CHICAGO! Or, he replaced it with a Chicago wand owned by Dick Mell who got mad at the Governor and took it back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that my email was not mean or vindictive as her remark might lead some people to believe.

The email I sent was to inquire about what efforts might be made to assist in accomodating our group considering the age and fragility of some of the members of our party that will be attending.

I did make the comment that I was disappointed that we were some of the first to be in line waiting to get the tickets and that people that came after us were walking out with blue (seating) tickets. In fact, people next to us were given blue tickets while we were given green (standing only).

In my opinion, the blue tickets should have gone strictly to first come first served. After all, we (those around us who waited included) were among those who went out of our way to make sure we were there early and on the first day.

To add insult to injury, so to speak, the director's comments were crass. They did not even bother to mention accomodations that would/could be made for handicap and/or eldery as requested. So much for guest relations, huh? I'm hoping the library itself is better than those chosen to represent the library to their guests.

- Mrs. TEH

Anonymous said...

Mr. and Mrs. TEH,

As I first read your WAND post I suspected it was a farce, and that you'd let us in on the gag.

Certainly, a professional with experience dealing with the public would NEVER respond to the public in the way that you mention?

Let me offer my apology to you, and your entire party for the poor service which you have been dealt. It appears we were given instructions to pass the blue tickets out to smaller parties, holding back as many as we could so that we could provide them to those with "connections" - you know, it is a political town.

I'm sorry if you somehow believed that just by following the rules that you would benefit in an equal manner to those who don't have to follow them, because they are friends, and relatives to people we know.

Perhaps if you don't like your green tickets you could return them, as we have been asked by a state representative to obtain a few more tickets for his golf buddies who will be driving in to see the President.

Sincerely Yours,

WANDA

AKA ETK