Monday, October 02, 2006

"WTF?"

...
At first I scanned passed this without thinking it was anything unusual. Then it struck me that I wasn’t looking at some potty-mouthed blog but the website of one of Central Illinois’ most prestigious newspapers. Downstate’s “Gray Lady”, if you will. You see, the Bloomington Pantagraph has redesigned its site and has a new future section called “WTF?”.

Maybe I’m naïve, but isn’t there a certain segment or two of the population that might not know what WTF stands for? And if they don’t what will they think when they find out? And better yet, isn’t there another, more conservative, segment that might take offense to the use of this term? I’m fine with the new name. In fact, I kind of like it. But for that reason alone, I suspect there are many who will not appreciate it. I mean, WTF?!

2 comments:

Anonymous Communist said...

You mean it stands for something other than "Wow, That's Funny"?

Anonymous said...

Ah, but you forget... we're a college town... Morals and such get flushed down the toilet up here.

~College One