Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Cyber Carding

This is weird. Did you know you have to be 21 years old to LOOK at beer on the internet? As part of my search for pictures to use in my Friday Beer Blogging (TM), I started running into pages either asking me if I am 21 or to enter my birth date. Here's an example. I went to a wine site and didn't see the same restriction. However, I noticed I could order their wine online and it never asked my age.

So let's recap. You can't LOOK at beer online if you are under 21 but you can BUY wine at any age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be illegally posting pictures of beer then!

Anonymous said...

Ahh...

Memories of the failed (just too lazy), but great beer making plan come to mind.

If we can't buy beer, maybe we can make it outselves?

Now a days those young whipper snappers can go out and order beer right off the Internet!

Our generation was forced to hang out in front of the local Spirit Stop, hitting on those kind enough to risk a little jail time, to buy a case for some thirsty lads.

ETK