Friday, February 18, 2005

Friday Beer Blogging: Flashback Edition


Early in my college "career" a bunch of us would, weather permitting, head out to Giant City State Park on Friady afternoons. Of course, beer was a requirement. Cheap beer. Back then the best bargains were cases of returnable bottles. One day, someone noticed a case of a low priced beer called Top Hat. It was worth a laugh and worth a try. It wasn't too bad so it kind of became our cheap beer of choice.

The Schoenling Brewing Company out of Cincinnati brewed the stuff. I have not seen it in stores since those days 25 years ago, so I suspect its not around anymore. I couldn't even find a picture of the bottles. But here I have a pic of a vintage Top Hat tap knob that at least has the logo we all laughed at and then came to appreciate.



No comments: