Thursday, March 24, 2005

Blessed are the Bar Rags

I never tire of these stories. From Boston's Green Dragon Tavern we have a sacred rag:
Yesterday, waitress Arleene McDaid tossed a cloth she'd used to clean one
of the tables at the Marshall Street saloon, and when it landed on the linen
basket, the rag looked eerily like the Shroud of Turin. No kidding. ''I was
sitting there eating a salad, and I said, 'Holy [expletive],' " said bartender
Ryan Lugones. ''Everyone who sees the thing says it looks like Jesus. It's
scary. . . . We're not going to move it." (The Shroud of Turin is the cloth that
some believe covered the body of Christ after his crucifixion and bears his
image.) McDaid, who moved here from Ireland three years ago, admitted yesterday
that she's a wee bit spooked. ''I'm not as religious as I tell me mum, but I'll
definitely be at church on Sunday," she said.

Remember the Virgin Mary Grilled cheese sandwich? Well the woman who made and sold that sandwich is now selling the pan she made it in. On ebay, of course. And look at her picture on the ebay link. Isn't that George Costanza's mother?

No comments: