Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Big 14 Pharmacy

...
Ok, I’ve never really paid attention but Eric Zorn has: CVS pharmacies, bucking industry standards, have carpeted floors.
It does feel comfortable, upscale and homey, I agree. Yet at least at first it's jarring, as cognitively dissonant as a tuxedo on the counterman at the Dunkin' Donuts or disco lighting at the dentists office. I'll adapt, I guess. I always seem to. Will you?
Now that I think about it, I actaully like the CVS carpet better than the standard hard floors found in any other pharmacy or grocery store. It does make the store very quiet. Well, that and the fact there is never anyone in the CVS I frequent.

And am I the only one who can’t help but think of WCVS every time I see a CVS store (see headline above)? I keep expecting to see a pharmacist there with "Crazy Bob" on his name tag. I grew up with the old WCVS-AM top forty radio station so I’m probably just showing my age. Still, a buddy of mine and I do actively refer to the chain as WCVS pharmacy.

No comments: