Rend Lake is THE wonder of Southern Illinois? Rend Lake? I guess the online “voters” haven’t been very far south in Southern Illinois.
Here are the other winners (don't laugh):
• Northern: Starved Rock State Park, Utica.
• Central: Allerton Park and Retreat Center, Monticello.
• Western: Black Hawk State Historic Site, Rock Island.
• Southwest: Meeting of the Great Rivers Scenic Byway, following a 33-mile strip of river through Alton, Grafton, Hartford and Elsah.
• Chicago: Wrigley Field.
• Chicagoland: Baha'i House of Worship, Wilmette.
This verdict has more to do with the nature of online polling (stoooooopid) than it does with wonderful things in Illinois. Hell, the fucking Cozy Dog Drive-In here in Springfield was a finalist!
Here’s a more proper list of Illinois “wonders”.