Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Picking a Nit

This is no big deal but it goes to the stupid us vs. them thing so prevalent here in Springfield in regards to Chicago.

I was looking at the Illinois Times web site when I see this headline in the food section:
Chicago-style pizza, not attitude
It's a review of Coz's Pizza. A good review. But what's with the Chicago slam? I've eaten at dozen's of Chicago pizza places and never once noticed an "attitude". Seems to me the IT headline writer (who probably isn't the reviewer) has the attitude.

In fact, the only pizza place with an attitude I have found anywhere is the Giordano's in Rockford (OK Giordano's is based in Chicago but this was Rockford). That place, a couple of years ago anyway, was run by some hot-head kid manager who tried to rip us off after giving us pizzas we did not order and then not wanting to compensate us for the mistake. This guy about came to blows with a member of our party over nothing. It was quite a scene.

No comments: