Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Bless Their Little Newharts

BlogFreeSpringfield notices, what I think are annoying, Elite Autobody radio commercials that rather blatantly rip-off old Bob Newhart comedy bits. The ads, like Newhart's routine, involve hearing only one side of a telephone conversation where Newhart, or the Newhart wanna-be in this case, is the straight man.

I was wondering if anyone else had caught what these ads were borrowing from. Probably no one under 40 has. Bob Newhart's other talents not withstanding, I always found his telephone bits lame. That's why I was sort of surprised Elite was running with it. And the sooner they stop the better as far as I'm concerned. I usually flip the station when one comes on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I dont care who they try and rip off but those commercials suck and I mean they really blow. I hate them so bad that because of the annoying music they leave in my brain, I would never take a car there. Id drive to St. Louis before taking a car there.