Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sams Got Rice

A lot has been made in the media of the "rationing" of rice at Costco and Sam's Club. Well, I made my weekly visit to the Springfield Sam's this weekend and made a stop at the rice section to see how supplies were holding up. The news stories indicated the rationed rice was in 20 pound bags. The stock at our Sam's looked normal to me.

What's odd is that supposedly only the 20 pound bags were affected by this rationing while they also sells 50 lb bags, of with there were plenty available.

The more normal sized bags and boxes were in ample supply as well.


The only thing that was different about the rice section from any other time I had been there was this small sign.

The whole time I was in the store, I saw no one with any rice in their cart. None. What's the matter with you, Springfieldians, can't get into the rice hording fad?

No comments: