Thursday, February 05, 2009

Supreme Asshole

I think I’ve been paying attention for the last 35 years or so, and I don’t ever remember sitting Supreme Court justices writing books, going on book tours, making media appearances, shouting down 20 year-old college students

The book promotion led Florida Atlantic University student Sarah Jeck to ask Scalia if the Supreme Court’s opposition to having its proceedings televised was “vitiated” by, among other things, “Supreme Court justices going out on book tours.”

Her question drew laughter and applause from the crowd of about 730, but Scalia wasn’t amused.

“That’s a nasty, impolite question,” Scalia said before moving on to another query.


Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I like Supreme Court justices to keep to themselves and not offer their opinions except in legal matters before the court. If Scalia wants to do this sort of stuff, he should step down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More Scalia antics. Seems he likes to do it "My Way."

http://www.ajr.org/Article.asp?id=3686