Monday, May 02, 2005

On Blogging

I've been blogging here for just over four months now and I haven't given up yet. In fact I'm more motivated now than when I started. I wasn't sure if I would retain the interest but so far, so good.

Since it's a slow blogging day, here are a few random thoughts and points of interest regarding TEH:

I really wish I had more time to blog. I can seriously see myself sitting down for hours scouring the net for things to post about. I'm looking for a way to become fabulously wealthy without too much effort so I can devote more time to blogging. That or become a college student again since I had time for all kinds of time wasting activities back then (and that's time wasting not mind wasting, got that).

Before starting this blog, I had no idea how many bloggers there were in Illinois. Apparently, some people in Peoria even have computers. Who knew? There also seems to be a isproportional number of bloggers in Champaign-Urbana. There are a lot of college students there too. I make a connection.

It always interests me when some one gets to TEH via one of the search engines. I like checking out what search criteria got them here (see Site Meter link at left, below teh archives). Sometimes it frightens me. I'm keeping a log of some of the stranger search strings and I'll post them when a get enough good ones.

Speaking of search criteria, the search string that has gotten net surfers here most often is some version of "Pamela Furr". For some reason there are a lot of people looking for the WMAY talker. I've beat up on her a few times here but she seems to be bringing in a lot of traffic so maybe I'll be nicer. Maybe.

No, I will never run out of beers for Friday Beer Blogging.

No comments: