Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cubs Malaise –Catch It

I never get too excited about the prospects of the Cubs possibly going all the way, even when they are poised to do so. Not since the heartbreak of 1984 when I pretty much gave up on them forever. So now they’re close to another shot at the big time. I’ll believe it when I see it. Not that that is based on anything substantial; I haven’t watched or listened to even one minute of Cubs baseball this year. And while I can look at the standings and see they’re leading their division, I also notice that they have the worst record of all division leaders. So see, nothing to get exited about.

This is the extent of my sports commentary for the year. I hope you enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave,

First of all there are still 4 games to go. But in baseball all you need to do is make it to the playoffs. Last year the Cardinals were barely over .500 during the season and yet won the whole thing.

Go Cubs Go!