Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Beer Blogging: Cake Edition

I was startled last week to see this piece in the Illinois Times under the headline "Beer Cake". And horrors, it goes on to give the recipe for a cake made with Guinness beer. Why would anyone want to waste a perfectly good Guinness to make a cake?

The Victim

Here are some REAL beer cakes:







And if you want a Guinness cake, this is what you are looking for:

Have a great weekend! And no abusing beer by pouring it into a cake mix.

2 comments:

Henny Penny said...

But I will eat chocolate cake with my Guinness.

John said...

Dave-

Right on, brother. I thought the same thing when I read that article in IT. A cake that looks like a beer is one thing, but to piss away a perfectly delicious beer in a cake recipe is a complete waste. In essence you're bringing beer down to the level of imitation vanilla extract. That's not good.