Thursday, September 06, 2007

Thanks Steve!

Well this sucks. After only 3 months, Apple has decided to lower the price of the iPhone by $200 -a 33% cut in price overnight.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Apple Inc. on Wednesday cut the price of the top iPhone by $200, discontinued the low-end model and unveiled a new version of its popular iPod media player with wireless Internet access and other iPhone features.

The 8-gigabyte iPhone will sell for $399, and the 4-gigabyte model, which sold for $399, will be phased out. The new iPods with Wi-Fi — but without cell phone capabilities — will start at $299.

``We want to put the iPhone in a lot of stockings this holiday season,'' CEO Steve Jobs said at a special media event near downtown San Francisco.
You guys saw me coming a mile away. Enjoy the money assholes, but don't count on me buying any other Apple products for a long while. Suddenly, being routinely sodomized by the likes of Microsoft and Dell doesn't feel so bad.

Go ahead, leave comments on how stupid I was to fall for this scam.

3 comments:

JeromeProphet said...

Keep complaining you leading edgers, at least you have iPhones.

Like what did you think? You folk pay for the privilege of being able to pretend like you're Captain Kirk while the rest of us settle for obsolete crap.

Yes, you get to pay for the production facilities, and all those advertisements - but you knew that going in.

I have to wait until 2009, at which time Verizon will offer the iPhone.

We common folk are hoping the price comes down even more by then (may even be free with a two year contract), and that certain well publicized problems with the iPhone will be resolved by then.

JP

gotshoo.com said...

Blame Fake Steve.

http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/2007/09/dear-early-iphone-adopters-yeah-we.html

ThirtyWhat said...

Aw, TEH ... don't feel bad. I'll be the last one to judge you. If Cingular/AT&T hadn't made me wait until August to upgrade my phone ... well, I would've been standing in line with you.

Wanna hear my frustrating Apple story? Back in 2005, I wanted an iPod ... I wanted one SO bad it was indescribable. So, in August 2005, Mr. ThirtyWhat was sick of hearing me whine ... and he let me get my birthday present early. I was the happiest person on the planet ... until ...

Exactly FIVE weeks later, they announced they were coming out with the Video iPod. Best Buy only allow returns for 30 days ... and I was ONE WEEK past the return date.

I've taken this as a life lesson ... if I'd waited until my birthday in November, I would've had a Video iPod. Fake Steve got me good ... and he didn't even buy me dinner.