Monday, September 10, 2007

Foot Notes

Am I the only adult who double-knots his shoes? I have to. If I don’t, I have to stop and retie one or both shoes several times a day. I have a new pair or work shoes that have laces the seemed to have a texture that appears to be resistant to any slippage that might cause them to come untied. I wore them for the first time today and within an hour one was untied. I guess there’s been no technological breakthrough in shoelace technology after all.

Speaking of footware, I could have written this Eric Zorn piece a year ago. Although I never would have posted pictures of my pasty sock line. Thank God we both have wives who save us from bad sock fashion sense (or no sense at all, as the case may be).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave

I double tie my running shoes, but other than that shoelaces don't give me too much trouble! I live mostly in flip-flops though.

Henny Penny said...

I think shoe laces have gotten worse at staying ties. So many of my shoes have round instead of flat laces and I have to double knot everything.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the real problem is that you're tying your shoelaces incorrectly, resulting in a Granny Knot? Correctly tied laces should stay tied. Check out this page:
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/slipping.htm