Thursday, June 26, 2008

Grumpy Old Man

I realize high profile people can be (and often are) caught in unflattering photos on a regular basis. Sometimes it’s all in the timing. Have you ever randomly paused a DVD or stopped your TiVo-type device and laughed at the contorted face of the actor on the screen? (Yes, that still cracks me up sometimes). So while these goofy photos can be unfairly used against someone like, say, a presidential candidate, to make them look foolish, sometimes they can capture the perceived essence of that person. For example, this really bad picture of John Sidney McCain really serves to confirm my admittedly biased view of him.


It almost begs for a caption like, “Those meddling kids!” or “I’m cranky, take me home!” Feel free to add your own in comments.

Think Dana Carvey's "Grumpy Old Man" character from SNL (sorry couldn't find any video). What it really does is play up the “old man” stereotype that’s hurting him politically, fairly or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"i need to change my depends." - i couldnt resist.