Friday, June 20, 2008

Staycation

With expensive travel costs and facing at least seven straight years of paying for college for two kids, we’ve pretty much dropped any notion that we will be taking any more vacations far from home for the duration. I understand that there is a new term for not going anywhere called “staycation”. Or at least it’s a new term for me. Staycation is defined as:

A vacation that is spent at one's home enjoying all that home and one's home environs have to offer.

As soon as I heard the word Staycation, my inner Weird Al took over and rewrote the chorus to the Go-Go’s Vactaion:

Staycation
All I never wanted
Staycation
Hard to get away
Staycation
Meant to be spent at home

2 comments:

JeromeProphet said...

Your "inner Al" is right on target. That's what I do every vacation - including the one I took two weeks ago.

I went to work with more gas that I usually have - because I didn't go anywhere.

I did, however, have some great cookouts.

JP

Anonymous said...

by not going on vacation, you are letting the terrarists win! Totally un-American to sit at home while all that precious Arab blood, err...I mean oil goes to waste and oil execs go hungry.

I myself, plan on ensuring that no oil exec goes hungry this summer and that little Iraqi kids didn't just die in vain.