Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Supplemental Beer Blogging: Do Not Veto Beer Edition

John McCain wants to get rid of all beer! Or at least veto all of it, whatever that means.

(CNN) – John McCain issued a promise Tuesday that may cause a bit of unrest with a broad swath of voters:

He'll veto every single beer?

In a slip of the tongue while railing against excessive earmarks at the National Small Business Summit in Washington, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee inadvertently pledged to veto the popular alcoholic beverage.

“I will use the veto as needed. I will veto every single beer — bill with earmarks," he said, as rumblings from the crowd could be heard.
Sure, slip of the tongue. Or perhaps a Freudian slip? Does McCain have a secret agenda to get rid of beer? I don’t think we should even take that chance.

Barack Obama must now pledge that HE will NEVER veto beer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I am elected President of these 57 United States, I will promise that I will never veto beer like that typical old white man, John McCain.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't McCain's wife ( or her family ) own a brewery?