Thursday, August 25, 2005

CNN Blows Headline

C'mon headline writers. I've been waiting all morning for the Katrina and the Waves headline. Tropical storm Katrina is kicking up big waves on Florida's east coast. Yet, here's what CNN.com did instead:


Oh, please! The story with that picture was just begging for a Katrina and the Waves reference.

And by the way, I refuse to even entertain the notion that maybe the one-hit (Walking on Sunshine) wonders of the mid-80s are too obscure even for the creatively challenged headline writers of the world. Nope, I won't accept that.

2 comments:

BlogFreeSpringfield said...

I thought the same thing the first time I heard that Katrina was the latest tempest to threaten our shores. I would venture a guess that you will see Katrina mentioned with the Waves before she's all through.

Diana said...

Upon hearing about "Hurricane Katrina" I knew instantly that whoever named this hurricane was probably a 40 something person familiar with "Walking on Sunshine".

Mentioned to the connection to people waiting for their car repairs today and none were aware of this band.

But they were either 20 somethings or 50 somethings. That could be the difference.

Oh well.

http://springfieldphotos.blogspot.com