Monday, August 15, 2005

Tom To Say Goodby

I ran into this message on Tom Snyder's blog the other day:
Folks, this website will disappear from the Internet on Monday, August First. My wrist is healing nicely and life is returning to normal. But its time to move on. Believe me, I have enjoyed our time together here on the Internet. But it has been almost six years since this site went up, and the novelty of communicating this way has worn off. Too many e-mails these days want copies of old shows, autographed photos, recordings of theme songs, and so on and so on.

My feelings about the country and the way it is going have been expressed here many times and do not need repeating. I think a lot of us who come here feel the same way--and share the hope that somehow good will prevail, and evil will not. I will always treasure the friendships I have made with the listeners and the viewers through the years. And those friendships will not be forgotten. I will always wish all of you the very best--in everything! As I have said on so many occasions, thanks for the memories! The good and the not so good. And for all the kindness you showed me over the years!
I thought this sudden sign-off was odd. Snyder has been battling cancer, I wonder if it's taking a toll.

No comments: