Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday Beer Blogging: Cartoon Edtion

My mother tells me I was a huge fan of the Hamms beer bear commercials on TV when I was a toddler in the early 60s. I guess the advertising got to me. Well, in a general way; I haven't had a Hamms in 25 years.


But the Hamms bear is not the best known cartoon beer spokesman anymore. He hasn't been for years. No, Homer Simpson is the new king of TV suds. Sadly, his beer of choice is fictional as well. This Duff is for you.


Since it's well known that the Simpsons live in Springfield, and Duff is brewed in Springfield, I salute the only imaginary beer to be brewed here.

Say, that's an idea. Why doesn't someone start a Duff microbrewery here in Springfield? Think of the sales to tourists and Simpsons fans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drinkin Beer is fun kids!
And while you're at it Joe Camel has some of these wonderful cigarettes - they taste just like the bubble gum cigarettes you like so much.
And you'll be all grown up like daddy when you start drinkin!

JeromeProphet

www.jeromeprophet.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I thought it was 'From the land of SKY blue waters'.

Of course if your handle is dazednamused, I can understand why you might think it was 'HIGH blue waters'.