Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Orleans - Before

I'm going to pull a JeromeProphet on you and cram a bunch of pictures into one post. I figured since New Orleans is the center of the news universe, I would post a few of the many good photos I (or Mrs. TEH) took while we there a few weeks ago. The pictures we took are kind of hard for me to look at now given what's happened to that city. But here goes...

Here's the Mississippi River posing no threat to anyone:


A typical building in the French Quarter:


Jackson Square at sunset:


Bourbon Street at night:


Bourbon Street during the day -not much difference. The party really never ends:


St. Louis Cemetery:


My son looking for a bird to chase on Jackson Square. I understand many of these trees are now down:


I won't bore you with anymore (home movies anyone?) but I hope this gives some sense of what is at stake above and beyond the human tragedy.

No comments: