Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Fair Call

I think I’ve found evidence that cell phones, and the annoying way some people use them, have finally reached the point of total saturation ion our society. Saturday at the State Fair I walked up to a ride with my four year-old and the ride operator was on his cell. He was securing a little girl in the ride but doing so VERY slowly and occasionally pausing in mid-process to continue talking on ht phone. We stood there, no one else in line and only the one girl one the ride. He finally finished with the girl, sat down and started the ride all while continuing his electronic chat. But, ummm, there was only the girl on the ride and we stood there watching her go around while he continued to talk. He never noticed that he had just started a ride with only one person on it while someone else was in line. He was completely distracted by his phone call. Anyway, no special point here, just that the distractions of cell phones have now reached al the way to carnival workers.

2 comments:

JeromeProphet said...

Utterly deplorable. I say pass a law with prevents their kind from even having cell phones.

Anonymous said...

I was trolling for a reply.

I agree that cellphones can be a distraction.

I see people flying down the road, and barely stopping at stop signs with cell phones in hand.

Now we have carnies strapping kids into amusement rides while on the cellphone - probably not even paying any attention to what they're doing.

That should be outlawed.

JP