Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Most Effete Post

How much wrong can a person get into one sentence.
Karl Rove claimed that the people criticizing Bush are “sort of elite, effete snobs who can’t hold a candle to this guy. What they don’t like about him is that he is common sense, that he is Middle America.”
I’m a critic and hardly an elite, effete snob. Well, I do prefer Grolsch over Miller Lite but only in the most masculine of ways.

George W. Bush is middle America? He was born into one of the richest, most powerful families in the country. He was given everything. He would not now be president if he had not been. So give me this middle-America, common man bullshit. The only thing “middle” about Bush is the middle finger he has given the country.

Additionally, if I did try to hold a candle to him, I would be wrestled to the ground by the Secret Service. So maybe Rove’s right about that part.

No comments: