Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday Beer Blogging: Murphy's Edition

If you're looking for an ever-so-slight change of pace from Guinness, you might want to try Murphy's Irish Stout. I got some as a birthday present this year and find it just about as good as Guinness.

Locally, it seems to only come in 4-packs. I know Party House sells it, not sure about other locations but I would be surprised if Friar Tuck didn't have a stock of it.

Murphy's also has one of those carbonating widgets in the can like Guinness so you get the rich foamy head when poured into a glass.

I will say that I do still prefer Guinness by a hair, but Mrs. TEH, whom I have taught to like the Guinesses and kin of the world, likes Murphy's slightly better. You be the judge.

Have a great weekend! And remember Murphy's Law: ummm, have a Murphy's Irish Stout.

1 comment:

BlogFreeSpringfield said...

I pick up a can of Murphy's at Friar Tucks every now and again. If I'm not mistaken, Celtic Mist has it on tap. I think that's what I was drinking the one time I was there.