Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Get Your Kicks…Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

On my lunch break today, I was driving home listening to my satellite radio when the interesting but unconvincing Depeche Mode version of Route 66 came on. Listening to the song, I wondered if Route 66 held some sort of facisnation for the guys in DM. Nah, what do the British care. But then I thought, hmmmmm, maybe they do and that’s what Paul McCartney was doing traveling by car and stopping in Springfield to pee. Nah, again.



Hours later, I was sent a link to this:

Sir Paul McCartney has hit the road with Nancy Shevell, touring the legendary US Route 66.

The former Beatle, 66, and Nancy, 47 will travel in the classic 1989 Ford Bronco in which they were first spotted kissing.

Their trip takes them from his holiday home in The Hamptons, New York, across country almost 3,000 miles along the most iconic road in the country. They will pass through St Louis, Oklahoma, Amarillo and Albuquerque before ending in Santa Monica, California.

Since leaving last Thursday, they have travelled almost 1,000 miles, and ended up posing for photographs at a service station in Springield, Illinois.

Well, even some of my idle mental musings turn out to be real.

Hat tip to my good bud Jason L. whom I will credit even if the folks at the SJ-R never do.

No comments: