Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Beer Blogging: No Power Edition

...
OK, many of us lost power last week after a winter storm slammed into the area. The result of no power, especially this time of year, is darkness. Darkness like Dark Beer.

Now, just to prove I’m really not a beer snob, I’m stating right here I DO NOT like dark beers. Some will tell you that means I don’t really care about good beer. Whatever, I still don’t like it Sam I Am.


The very first dark beer I ever had was Heineken Dark when I was like 19. I bought a six pack anticipating a great beer experience. I popped open the first beer, took a few drinks and gave the rest away.

Since then I have chocked down a few more over the years hoping to acquire the taste but it’s no use.

But if you enjoy it, fine. Just don’t offer me one, thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like Guinness, but I love dark beers in general.

L.O.V.E. Dark beers.

They are so rich in flavor, and leave that wonderful aftertaste.

It is pure magic.

For all those who can only handle pilsners, I feel sorry you folks.

JP

Dave said...

Snob...

BlogFreeSpringfield said...

What's that old saying about beer, once you go black, you never go back?

I love a nice oatmeal stout or a creamy Guinness, although I still prefer ales so I guess that old saying isn't totally true.

Anonymous Communist said...

A draft Murphy's Irish Stout is like chocolate cake in a glass.

Porter is my favorite kind of beer in the cold-weather months.