Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Blame Game

So, the president is taking "responsibility" for the very screwed up federal response (or lack thereof) to Hurricane Katrina. I have to go with John Kerry's call on this one:
"The President has done the obvious, only after it was clear he couldn’t get away with the inexcusable."
This finally accepting some blame comes after weeks of recreating this scene from The Blues Brothers:
Mystery Woman [played by residents of the Gulf Coast]: You miserable slug! You think you can talk your way out of this? You betrayed me.

Jake [played by George Bush]:
No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.
After all, George Bush is on a mission from God. Just ask him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about the mayor and governor and actions they COULD have taken BEFORE the disaster occurred? Bush is stepping up even when no one else is and they should.