Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday Beer Blogging: Black Beer Edition

I was introduced to Xingu Beer from Brazil this week while dining at Springfield's Cafe Brio. I was at a group function and my friend next to me ordered this stuff off the menu. He told me Cafe Brio carries Xingu because the owner likes it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I thought it looked like just another dark beer. I'm not a huge fan of dark beers; they're too heavy and I just never acquired the taste. But my friend assured me Xingu is different.

I already had my beer (an Amstel Light) but he allowed me a sip off of his glass. It definitely wasn't your typical dark beer. It was very smooth and didn't have that dark beer bite to it.

I think I'm going to look for this at Friar Tucks or maybe wait until I eat at Cafe Brio again to give a whole Xingu a try.

No comments: