Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday Beer Bloging: Remember New Orleans Edition

Last night I posted a few pictures from my recent visit to New Orleans. I did so as a tribute to the city's beauty and vibrance. Hoping this is not too tacky in light of the human suffering going on there right now, I continue by sharing a couple of beer related pics taken one night on Bourbon Street.

First, I had to laugh at the over-the-top, stand-out-in-the-crowd promotion of this hole in the wall selling large cups of domestic draft beer.


Second, I had to get me one of those


Yes, that's me holding a Huge Ass Beer while putting on my best Austin Powers smiley face. (No, I wasn't wearing a mask; you are looking at a masterful touch-up of the photo that I'm sure had you fooled.) But that is me and the smiley does bear a striking resemblance.

And yes, the cup says "Huge Ass Beers".

I still have the cup. I hope to go get another one someday.

No comments: