Thursday, September 08, 2005

Faster Than a Speeding Jet

Nope, that didn't take long. The governor's appeal in the 183rd Fighter Wing realignment matter was 'shot down' today. The SJ-R online Breaking News has the details:
A divided U.S. Court of Appeals this morning denied an emergency appeal that Illinois officials filed to prevent a restructuring of Springfield's 183rd Fighter Wing that would involve transferring 15 F-16 jets to Indiana.

Attorney General Lisa Madigan, acting on behalf of Gov. Rod Blagojevich, filed the appeal Wednesday with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, based in Chicago.

I think we're screwed, eh gov?

2 comments:

JeromeProphet said...

I wonder if they'll have an open house, and chance for us to say goodbye?

JeromeProphet

Anonymous said...

I was hoping they would have something so I could take my very young son out to see the jets one last time and maybe have a pic op with them...

Mrs TEH