Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What's that Supposed to Mean?

Wow, there's something for everyone to be offended about in the Mayor Davlin deposition story.

I even found a quote in today's SJ-R story that offended me!

Alderman Frank Kunz is quoted by the paper as saying:
"I've been around Tim Davlin enough drinking and stuff that I don't believe
he's a racist. I don't believe he said it. Of all the guys I've been around with
after hours, Tim never has said the typical white-boy s--- from Griffin (High
School alums) you usually hear."

OK, the grammar is offensive enough but is Kunz suggesting Griffin High School grads are largely racist? It's hard to tell for sure from that inarticulate quote but is sure sounds like it.

As a Griffin alum let me just call "bullshit" on that statement. In my life, I have not detected any more (or less) racism among those who attended Griffin. But maybe I just don't associate with the purveyors of "typical white-boy shit".

No comments: