Monday, November 06, 2006

Bye Mark!

...
I can’t let this little piece of good news from over the weekend go without comment.
Conservative commentaries that have been a staple on WICS-TV newscasts in recent years are coming to an end - at least for a while.

“The Point with Mark Hyman,” will “take a recess” following its Nov. 30 broadcast, according to a news release from Sinclair Broadcast Group in suburban Baltimore. Sinclair owns WICS-TV, Channel 20, in Springfield.
Ding-dong the dickhead is gone. I stopped watch Ch. 20 news for the most part because of Hyman. And I told WICS what ZI was doing. I got into a short email discussion with an Alaina C. Marx who was, at the time and may still be, the Human Resources/Programming Coordinator at WICS. Here was the final email to me in response to my protests over Mark Hyman appearing on the station:
Dear Mr. [TEH]:

In a perfect world I would be able to do whatever I want at this station. Unfortunately, in the real world I would no longer have a job. We are one of 62 stations owned or operated by Sinclair Broadcast Group. The "I was just following orders" defense, as you called it, is my only defense as I have responsibilities beyond this station that require I keep my position. I cannot afford the luxury of standing up for your cause.

Judging by the volume of emails that we, as well as other Sinclair stations, have received today, I believe that our Corporate Officers will take notice.

Sincerely,

Alaina C. [Last name deleted becuase I won't put mine on the blog]
Human Resources/Programming Coordinator
A pretty half-hearted defense of the station's programming I’d say. Alaina didn’t seem too thrilled with Hyman and having to field the angry complaints from viewers. And by the way, that was the only time in my entire life I’ve ever contacted a TV station to complain about their programming.

Anyway, so long Mark. I hope you enjoy your bitter, hate-filled life for a long time to come. Maybe someday a bit of humanity will creep in (try turning the Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity shows off for a few days) and you’ll see it really isn’t necessary to lie and demonize you way through life.

3 comments:

JeromeProphet said...

What a lackey.

I stopped watching WICS about the same time.

JP

Anonymous said...

Mark,

If you're going to post my last name, I think it only fair you do the same with your own. By the way, that email was sent well over a year ago. Stay current much?

Dave said...

That's Dave, but who cares right?

I've removed your last name.

And by the way, that post went up over a month ago. Google your name much?