Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday Beer Blogging: Flensburger Edition

....
I’m posting another rare personal beer recommendation this week. I was in Friar Tuck’s Sunday (mmmmmmmmm, beeeeeer) and I decided to take a chance on an unknown (to me) import. Well, it was from Germany and the bottle was kind of cool so I bought it. May I introduce to you…Flensburger.


That’s the Pilsner. I also tried the Gold.


I liked both and will be going back for more someday.

I wasn’t sure Flensburger is actually brewed in Germany. Sure, the label says it’s a “German Beer” but it does not say where it’s brewed. I suspected it was actually made in Denmark. I thought that because the Flensberger website has a .de extension. In other words, it’s originating from Denmark. However, I found this entry in Wikipedia that says it is brewed in the German town of Flensburg which is on the Danish border in far northern Germany.

Flensburger gets the TEH seal of approval.

Update: Commenters smarter than me say the the .de extension is Germany, while Denmark is .dk. Sheesh, you'd think I wasn't really the one who invented the internets.

3 comments:

Anonymous Communist said...

Actually, the .de extension is Germany, or Deutschland. I believe Denmark's is .dk.

John said...

Abstract is right. I've read that before.

Dave said...

OK, I'm stupid. But Flensburg is very, very near Denmark. And If Denmark had fielded a really huge army during WWII, well who knows who would be brewing in Flensburg.