Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Law & Order: Springfield Intent

...
Maybe I’m just noticing more today, but it seems to me there is a much greater police presence in the retail corridors of the city, at least the ones I’ve been through. This would, I assume, be in response to the one-man crime wave hitting the city. (Robber-man hit again this morning, story here.)

I wonder though, is too much police visibility going cause this guy to lay low for a while? Or is deterrence the main idea here while detectives look for the perp? I guess it would be best to catch him before he holds up someone else. Who knows, this guy seems to have a pair of brass ones and seems unconcerned and undeterred by the fact that he’s Springfield’s most wanted. Let’s hope he makes a mistake before someone else gets hurt.

Update: Robber-man struck again this afternoon at Walko Music on South Second Street. Slow down, dude, leave some money for the rest of us.

1 comment:

JeromeProphet said...

At this point in an episode of the Sopranos someone says...

VINI: Tell Jimmy he's got to lay off, it's creating some problems.

VITO: Sales have been off. My boys can't move anything with so many cops hanging out, and the girls are getting the shakedown too. We've lost at least ten thousand in the last two days.

VINI: Are you SH#$$$N me?

VITO: Tell him no more, or someone might take an exception to what he's been doing, and I won't be able to intervene.

VINI: O.K., I'll let him know, but you know Jimmy he's been bustin my chops about getting some action, and I told him he needs to be patient. He just got finished doing his bit, and he's dying for some action.

VITO: Well he's bustin everyone's @!#$. In fact you might let him know that the boss ain't too happy as we still haven't got our cut - that's a sign of disrespect.

VINI: O.K. already, I'll let him know it's time to stop making himself such a local celebrity.

LATER we see the moron getting shot in the head, and all of the money he robbed is taken by the very person who was simply supposed to tell him to lay low - his "friend".

A few days later his body is found in a trash bin.

Ahhhh, I love the Sopranos.