Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Beer Blogging: Dem Sweep Edition

...
The Democratic sweep of Congress requires a special Friday Beer Blogging Edition.

Let’s start with the now defunct Congress beer that was once brewed in New York.

Also no longer made is Senate beer. Not sure why congressional themed beers didn’t survive in the marketplace. Er, yes I do.

Here’s an old Budweiser magazine advertisement from 1952 depicting the feuding donkey and elephant. The donkey looks tougher and the elephant just looks sick, a metaphor useful even today.

And speaking of donkeys, here’s an old FDR beer bottle opener from back in the day.

And finally, I found this picture while doing my research. Keg Go Karts!

This needs more investigation.

3 comments:

JeromeProphet said...

Nice post Dave!

I like your "Beer Bloggin" more as time passes. You're adding more material as time passes.

Have you thought about copying all your Beer Blogging Post into one blog?

I bet it would get lots of hits.

JP

Levois said...

Very very interesting and I want that FDR bottle opener. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

If you want one of those FDR bottle openers, they have some on E-Bay