Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Blago Butts Out!

This is what I like to see:
CHICAGO - Gov. Rod Blagojevich said today he would likely -- and "enthusiastically" -- sign a bill to ban smoking at all indoor work places if lawmakers send him the legislation

Such a measure already has passed the Senate and may be called as soon as today in the House. The legislation would go beyond a 2005 state law that allowed all local governments in Illinois to decide whether to enact smoking curbs.

"Let me see the bill, but it sure sounds to me like that would be something that I will enthusiastically sign," Blagojevich said this morning at an unrelated appearance. And I would be shocked if there was something in that bill that I didn't like that would keep me from signing it."
It’s all up to the Illinois House now. Put that in your pipe and smoke it puff-heads.*

You know, it’s a shame that the new (and all-powerful!) Barrel Head opened and allowed smoking just long enough to stink the place up just before smoking is banned anyway. Oh well.

*Sorry about the early and maybe premature victory dance but I’ve been waiting for this to go through for a long time and can hardly contain my glee at what’s probably going to happen. Or not…I don’t want to jinx it.

No comments: