Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Springfield Trivia Indeed

While looking over Cal Skinner’s gushing over the movie Amazing Grace (I agree, it is a good film), I was surprised to see this:
It won’t be as easy for state reps. And senators as during the 1970’s. Then Kerasotes Theaters did its part in keeping legislators out of trouble at night be giving them all free movie passes. At that time, all but one theater in town was owned by the family firm.

That tradition had died by the 1990’s, but, even though going to the movies is no longer free for legislators, I’d strongly recommend they see this film.
Hmmmm. Did other local establishments offer discounts and freebies to lawmakers back then? Do they now? Or is that what lobbyists are for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard they once got free stays at the Renaissance Hotel. I don't know if that's still done.