Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Beer Blogging: Smuttynose Edition

I kind of stumbled onto this brewer here on the 'nets. Looking for random beer things to blog about on a Friday, I ran into a New England brew called Smuttynose. Intrigued by the name, I clicked on in.

The Smuttynose Brewing Company is located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and their variety of beers are distributed mostly in New England and the Mid-Atlantic states, but they do list one distributor in Wisconsin. I've never seen them sold around here though.

Smuttynose is named for Smuttynose Island, located off the coast of New Hampshire, part of a group of islands there.

Smutynose comes in a variety of flavors and their bottles are nicely decorated.

And more...

I've never had a Smuttynose. Don't know that Friar Tuck will ever carry them, but maybe, I guess.

By the way, for you locals, I just happened to be in Friar's this week and noticed their micro brewery and imported beer shelves to be half empty. Concerned, I inquired and found out they're preparing for a bunch of new inventory. So look for that. But remember, I saw it first.

Have a great weekend! And have a Smuttynose for me is you have access to one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had good luck at Friar's asking them to get something I didn't find on the shelves. It's been a while, but I was impressed at how willing they were to bring something in. It probably wasn't as difficult as Smuttynose might be. Interesting.