Friday, May 02, 2008

Sick of It

New rule: If you post an off-topic or wildly tangential “Oh yeah, well what about [insert wingnut talking point here]” comment, it gets deleted. I’m tired of putting up posts and then just having them hijacked by someone with a completely different idea on what I should be writing about. I’d rather have no comments than have things veered off course by someone who should just have his own blog rather than grafting one on to mine.

I don’t have the time or desire to smack down every idiotic right wing lie, myth, half-truth and bit of hyperbole in comments. Lately, I’ve just been ignoring them. But you know what, I really don’t enjoy having every post accompanied by this usually nonsensical blathering either. So the shit stops here.

This is not at all an attempt to squelch comments from anyone; I just would like the comments to be more on-topic and not a gateway for someone else’s own personal political agenda. Get your own blog for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does that mean that I cant say if B. Hussein Obama is elected that the capital of this great nation will be moved to Riyadh, that he went to a Madrassah and by not wearing a lapel pin of the American flag during the early days of the campaign is hates the troops when the topic is about ice cream?