Sunday, July 31, 2005

Another New Orleans Postcard

I’m still having lots of fun in New Orleans but I just can’t stay completely away from the blog, even if I'm forced to use a rickety old laptop and a dial-up connection. Thanks again to JP for his tireless efforts.

My latest Freecycle post got this blog a link on the national Freecycle site. More on that some other time when I’m not in a hurry to get back to vacation.

I haven’t been paying a lot of attention to the news since leaving The Patch but what headlines I have read seem to indicate the Bush administration continues to lie, deceive and spin itself silly while its approval ratings continue tanking, NASA and the Shuttle program are having some real problems (again), Iraq still sucks, and Natalee Holloway is still missing. But you know what, this week I really don’t care. See my pathetically under-maintained blog rolls for proper commentary.

I got to the National D-Day Museum here in New Orleans yesterday. I’ll post more on it later too but I will say it’s a wonderful place even if still a work in progress. There were some very emotional displays that brought the war to life (the museum should more properly be called the National American Involvement in World War II Museum). Like I said, more later.

New Orleans is pretty blasted hot but no worse than Springfield is right now from what I have seen on the net. The difference here is we get a brief thunderstorm here nearly every day so things are lush and green.

Hit Bourbon Street really hard last night. It’s amazing how much goes on there every night even in this, the alleged off-season. Having a huge street party in town anytime you’re in the mood is just one more reason I don’t want to leave.

Speaking of which, we have extended our stay here another day –just ‘cuz...

Miss you all (but not too much).

Yours Truly,
Dave

No comments: