Sunday, July 03, 2005

The Farmer's Market

I just wanted to take some time to promote one of the things that Springfield does right. Every Wednesday and Saturday during the warm months, the Farmers Market is set up downtown. It features stands selling fresh fruits and vegetables, breads, flowers, chocolate and other home grown and home made items. This was the scene yesterday.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's located on Adams on either side of Fourth Street.

It's been around for a while but I just started going this year mostly because my mother-in-law now has a stand there most days. I always come away with the weeks worth of veggies and often some breads. And the chocolates lady rules!



Warning: shameless self-promotion to follow...

My mother-in-law's stand is pictured below. She sells home made soaps and lotions made from natural ingredients (ostrich oil anyone?). She even has unscented products for those afflicted with allergies. Stop by for a free sample. I get none of the profit but benefit from a happy in-law.



Oh, and bring your dog. I don't know why, but everyone brings their dogs to this thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have cats.

Now I don't know if you've ever seen a cat on a leash, but I've always thought it was a strange site.

And, I'm not about to go, and adopt a dog just so I can take it down to the Farmer's Market.

If you'd like, I'd be willing to take you dog next weekend?

JeromeProphet said...

That prior cats post was from me.
Have a happy 4th!