Friday, July 29, 2005

Friday Beer Blogging: Big Easy Edition

Since I'm in New Orleans right now, I thought it only fitting that I feature a New Orleans beer.

I first discovered Dixie beer some years ago while dining at the now defunct Gumbo Ya Ya's atop the Springfield Hilton. I kind of liked it and have purchased it a few times since.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dixie doesn't get good reviews from beer snobs (here is a good example). It's considered a low end domestic but, like I said, I kind of like it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Dixie Brewing Company does not even have its own web site as near as I can tell. So maybe they are a little low end.

BeerHistory.Com Photo: Dixie Brewery
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

You can find Dixie beer at Friar Tucks here in town if you are interested. I'll bet Famous Liquors has it too.

Go here for more info on Dixie Beers.

1 comment:

Joe Tornatore said...

you are not just whistling Dixie.