Friday, July 08, 2005

Great Momments In Broadcast News

Atrios hears this exchange today on CNN:
Miles O'Brien: Let's get started with Jeevan Deol who is a witness to the bombings yesterday and also a Muslim scholar in London and happened to be right near where the double decker bus blew up. I want to ask you about what you saw but first I am curious what the reaction within the Muslim community is this day after those attacks.

Jeevan Deol: Well, I'm afraid Miles I'm going to have to correct you I am not a Muslim so I think I'm going to have to pass on that question.

O'Brien: I'm sorry I thought it was said you're a Mus- you're not a Muslim scholar?

Deol: No I work on terrorism and security issues in the University of London.

And for more cable "news" fun, check out the cracker (and I mean cracker) reporting from the fair and mentally unbalanaced folks at Fox News.

No comments: