Saturday, July 09, 2005

End of Sister Blog Relationship

With some misgiving, I agreed a while back to have a Sister Blog relationship with a conservative blog. I thought it might be an interesting experiment. All went well for a while but a post I put up yesterday brought out a very, very nasty response from the owner of that other blog. And not just on his blog (which is fair game) but in the comments section of mine. This is grounds for divorce so to speak. So I am no longer participating in the Sister Blog program.

In what was mostly a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the political blame game, I was called an "asshat" and an idiot, told that I lacked sanity and that I "couldn't counter an argument... if [my] life depended on it", etc, etc. The proprietor of the conservative blog was rude, confrontational and acting like a very unwelcome guest. No matter what your disagreements with me, that's uncalled for. I didn't go over and trash his place but he felt it necessary to wear out his welcome here. I'm sorry, immature attacks may be the conservative way but I'm not going to have it here. Life is too short for this kind of unneccessary vitriol. Additionally, this sort of behavior doesn't bring out the best in me, so it's time to politely end this relationship.

So see ya, dude . Peace.