Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tuesday Grandma Blogging: The Beginning

Grandma was a Republican.

That's right, my grandmother (on my dad's side) was a 1950's wingnut! Well, I don't know how hardcore she was but going through one of her old scrapbooks it's clear she was no Democrat.

I never knew my grandmother, she died years before I was even born. I know she was a single mother for a while (after a divorce) and ran a movie theater in Bloomington. Other than that, a scrapbook I came in possession of is my best clue to who she really was.

I thought I might do series on my grandmother's scraps from her book here. Maybe every Tuesday and mostly the political cartoons she collected. Most of the cartoons slam President Truman. She obviously wasn't a fan. Today, you wouldn't know anyone didn't like Harry Truman but in his day he inspired a lot of animosity.

So let's get started:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I suspect my grandmother is in heaven wishing she could get a line to the Rush Limbaugh show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea Dave!

I'm suprised that Bush didn't repudiate the Korean Cease Fire as a form of appeasement - when he was busy redefining the Yalta Agreement.

JeromeProphet